Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Today is a Very Special Day!!

Most people throughout the world woke up this morning thinking it was a normal day; nothing to celebrate, nothing to commemorate, nothing to get excited about, just another day. No one thinks anything is different today than it was yesterday or the day before. They don’t realize the importance of what June 9th really means. No one is aware of the great celebration that should be taking place in honor of one of the most amazing women I’ve ever known, and ever will know in this life time, and the next. If only the world could know about the events that took place 50 something years ago, they too would have something to celebrate today.

Are you wondering what the devil I’m talking about? Well, today is the day that one of the most influential people in my life was born. The person I am talking about is my amazing beautiful mother.

Throughout my life, my mom has been my anchor, my mentor, my friend. She’s been there for me along with my dad through everything! The best things my mom has given me consist of a supportive loving parent who never missed a football game, wrestling match, or choir concert; a mom who was always willing to stand up for me when a teacher would say mean things about me for “making too much noise,” or being too disruptive in class. She never made me feel like I was different because I had ADHD, and was practically retarded in reading and math as a child. She was always a builder, not only to me, but other people; my siblings, my father, our friends, and even to strangers.

My mom would do anything for any one of her kids, including giving her life for us, and we all knew it. She is a woman whose faith has never wavered, whose commitment has never weakened, and whose love has never subsided.

My adorable mom. She’s my biggest fan, and she’s not afraid to admit it. She’s quick to give a compliment, and so easy to please. I don’t think I gain more satisfaction out of making people laugh more than I do getting my mom to laugh with me. My mom is really simply just one of the most adorable women on the face of the earth! I am truly eternally grateful for this woman. She has made me the man I have become, and she continues to influence the grown-up I am still creating.

Mom, I love you with all my heart! I know I don’t show it all the time. I know I’m a pain in the butt almost everyday of the year, but today is the one day that I am willing to swallow my pride, put all my manly expectations aside, only to celebrate a very special day indeed; the day you were brought into the world. You’ve truly made this world a better place, and without you, I really believe that thousands of people’s lives wouldn’t be quite the same. I believe you have influence over people wherever you go, whichever situation you’re in, whomever you happen to be with, etc… Whether it is for good or for bad, you are an influence in the world; and I personally think it’s mostly for the good.

So mom, even though the rest of the world doesn’t recognize how important this day is in their history, I want you to know that I do.

I love you mom, I hope you have an incredible birthday.

Eternally your son, Tanner

1 comment:

Bri!!! said...

Tanner, you are so cute. We are so blessed aren't we. Love your guts. Bri